Friday, June 17, 2011

Welcome to UB!

Well, it has been a very long couple of days. Frankly, I'm still not entirely sure how long it's been--all I remember is a long blur of airports and planes. But we're here! And it is AMAZING! The people are so curious and friendly--as soon as we landed, there were tons of people with cameras and practicing their English. Actually...hey Mom, I'm on TV! They interviewed Jaden, Kristine, and Miranda, me, and I think Peter too. It was fairly entertaining, since nobody had slept in at least 24 hours. The Mongolians probably think we're all completely insane. Today, we ate breakfast (that's a whole 'nother post) and wandered all around UB for like an hour. Mostly we just got stared at, but a few people said hi, and we were attacked (well...) by a dog that was tied to a tree, in contrast to all the dogs everywhere with no constraints whatsoever. Also, the driving here is kinda like the driving games my brother plays--i.e, not anything like at home, and super terrifying.
There's lots of people in line, so I gotta go!
Love you all,
Emily C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a grand adventure! (well, maybe not the endless airports part)

Thanks for updating!